Information for Preceptors Regarding
At the Office of Rural & Regional Health we appreciate your participation in educating medical learners about the exciting area of rural/regional medicine. We have included some information and reminders for your program to be aware of concerning rural/regional rotations.
- Preceptors at each of the rotation sites are granted an honorarium to recognize their teaching efforts, as well as supported with coaching via faculty development and on-site visits.
- The honoraria for medical student rotations including electives shall be $1,100 per training month.
- The honoraria for PGY1 rotations including electives shall be $1,100 per training month.
- The honoraria for PGY2 and beyond including electives shall be $550 per training month.
- Physician preceptors are sent an honorarium confirmation form on a monthly basis. Currently, preceptor honoraria are made only after completion of evaluations of the learner on the WebEval system. Evaluations must be completed within 90 days of the end of the rotation.
- Please review the evaluation with the learner prior to submitting it.
- For medical learners on a core family medicine rotation, please make special note that a midpoint evaluation must also be completed with them.
- All expense/honoraria forms are returned to the Office of Rural & Regional Health. Preceptor honoraria will be paid upon confirmation of the completed rotation evaluations (where applicable).